1. Finely crush vanilla wafers -- should have about 1 1/2 cups. In a medium mixing bowl stir together vanilla wafers and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
3. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy. Beat in eggs on low speed just till combined but DO NOT OVERBEAT.
4. Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan. Spread 1 cup of the fruit on top. Top with remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit. Place in a shallow baking pan in a 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven. Bake, uncovered, for 40 - 45 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill until ready to serve. For topping, in a medium bowl combine remaining 2 cups fruit, 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping.