1 cup baking mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon salt
3 slices bacon
1 onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Combine baking mix, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and milk and mix until moist. Knead a few times on a floured board, then fit into a lightly greased 9-inch pie pan. Turn overhang under and flute.
3. Fry bacon and onion until brown. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle bacon, onion, and cheese into shell.
4. Heat evaporated milk just until hot.
5. Beat eggs, stir in 1 teaspoon salt and Tabasco, then slowly stir in evaporated milk. Pour into shell.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 minutes, then lower to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake 25 minutes more or until center is almost set. Do not overbake as it will set as it cools.